During 2014, I explored, completed my doctoral proposal and make good progress. I met the usual doctoral hurdles. Overcame them. Sadly early in 2015, with the vision of completion later in 2015, I lost my way. Not even sure why or how this happened. But ascribe it to burn-out, taking on too much without completion, coupled with a new and interesting job. So first pointers:
- Write regularly, often in small parts, synthesizing – do this along the way before it becomes the elephant in the room;
- Maintain a feasible pace based on attainable deadlines;
- Ensure a balanced lifestyle – walks, healthy diet, water, rest, laughs, meditation;
- Set aside the time for energizing the research – no other new challenges; and
- Complete the bits that have been started – avoids scattering of energy.
Having lost myself, it’s time to claw it back. Deal with the elephant bit by bit. Positive steps that tick the boxes:
- Complete the required journal article;
- Structure the collaborative writing exercise;
- Finalize Chapter 3 – Research Design and Methodology; and
- Focus on final data collection: an interview, transcript of a YouTube video and analysis of content of a learning portal.
Chat again later …