The research week has ended with some solid digging deep, going into dark and unfathomable theory and back into the light. I have set myself the challenge of using the literature I have gathered to write notes for the following 8 questions:
- What is the starting point or point of departure of your research in relation to the literature in the field?
- What are some of the assumptions you are going to start from?
- How will you be interpreting some of the key concepts?
- In terms of what are you going to be analysing or investigating the particular focus of your thesis?
- Is there a gap in the previous literature?
- Have you identified an inadequacy in the existing body of literature?
- In relation to current knowledge (as reflected in the literature), what do you intend to do?
- What theoretical model relates to your research topic?
Only seven days in a week so looks to be a challenging time ahead. Want to crack on with the stuff that’s difficult for me: theoretical underpinnings.
Meanwhile I have created and included here a good view of the project in diagrammatic format. This part is easier to do (and more fun).